So first of all, I am super sorry I haven’t posted much this month, but what I lacked in reviewing I made up in reading! Read 11 books during the month of May and I’m now 6 books ahead of schedule on my goodreads 2016 challenge (47/100), I might need to increase my goal later in the year! 🙂
So let’s get to it, I mostly kept to my TBR with a few exceptions and I still will be putting the two books I didn’t get to in the June TBR pile!
Books I read during the month the finals started (some sadness there for fellow uni students, my exams started on the 18th of May and I’ve still got two weeks till my last one 😦 )
From May TBR:
- The Crown (The Selection #5) by Kiera Cass, my review of this book is already up! 5/5 stars and a sleepless night!
- Rush Too Far (Rosemary Beach #4, Too Far #4) by Abbi Glines, still working on that review for the Too Far series..
- The Rose And The Dagger (The Wrath And The Dawn #2) by Renee Ahdieh, 4,8/5 stars and a sleepless night!
- The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater, I’m currently writting the review for the whole cycle, hopefully I will post it tomorrow 🙂
- A Court Of Mist And Fury (A Court Of Thorns And Roses #2) by Sarah J. Mass, This was the best book of 2016 and an all time favorite, it’s a 10/5 stars and that is a thing, no sleep and a math exam failed kind of book!
The books I fully reread in order to read the ones on my May TBR that I am counting:
- The Raven Boys (The Raven cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Dream Thieves (The Raven Boys #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Boys #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
- A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J. Mass
Unexpected reads of May:
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson, It took me a while to get into this one and I’m not sure if it was my book slump or the writing, but I just didn’t enjoy it to the fullest, but I liked the characters and the plot! (4/5 stars, fell asleep at 5am)
- Angel Tormented (Louisiangel #3) by C.L. Coffey, I’ll post a review for both the 2nd and the 3rd in one post, I enjoyed this one and it’s already a second time when this series is my transitioning from a book slump! (3,8/5 stars , fell asleep at 4am)
That’s all the books I read in May! The terrible month of finals and slumps I call it! I currently am doing a terrible thing and watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer when I have an exam in a day that I should study for. And I’m also still slumping big time after ACOMAF and I bow to queen Sarah! I have so many reviews to make up for and I’m sorry, I’m planning on working really hard in June and catching up with all of the ones I have to post! Wish me luck on my microeconomics exam, I’m pretty sure it’s the most dreadful subject in history 😦 Also I’ve been insanely obsecively listening to Hamilton and I’m a lithuanian living in Lithuania so… People are looking at me funny when I run up and start fangirling and rapping 😀